IMG Investor Dnes Bloombergtv Bulgaria On Air Gol Tialoto Az-jenata Puls Teenproblem Automedia Imoti.net Rabota Az-deteto Blog Start Posoka Boec
Контролен панел | Съобщения | Потребители | Търси
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Съобщение

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Работа като финансов анализатор

Collapse
X
  • Филтър
  • Време
  • Покажи
Clear All

• Работа като финансов анализатор

Тука един пич обяснява дали си струва да се работи като финансов анализатор...

https://www.quora.com/Was-working-as...651&srid=poOqe

If worth it meant intellectual challenged? Nah. I had more intellectual challenge as a paper boy. In my jobs before and after I was truly challenged. In investment banking I was never challenged. It was more repetitive than being a paper boy come to think of it.

If worth it meant the money? Nah, my hourly salary was quite poor, given all the hours I put in.

If worth it meant fun? Oh yes. I've had extremely long hours, with interesting colleagues. That meant ability to swear in every language. I've slept in the office. I remember pizza night. I've had amazing travels, lovely meetings with all sorts of wealthy people from a different culture. Work wasn't difficult. It just meant having absolutely no life, working your ass of on relatively stupid exercises. It perhaps makes you appreciate how “good” a presentation needs to look like. A pitch book from Goldman looks better than your average pitch book from a small investment bank boutique.

Did it help in my future career? Nah. People who see me work, see me behave, anticipate a “hey man, you worked in consulting or investment banking?”.

It really helps you develop working efficientover working hard, because you have to put in the hours. If you can't make yourself an efficient employee, you'll fail.

You'll realise when it is the right time to stand up for yourself. I've seen many employees in IB getting bullied. There is always some dickhead trying to fuck you over. Don't let that happen to you.

Given the hours, the development, the salary, the lack of intellectual development, the focus on social connection, I believe it's a interesting experience, but perhaps for a few years max (1–3). I believe it's an extremely overrated job.

Working...
X